Maui Personal Injury Attorney
I am Matthew S. Kohm, and as a Maui injury attorney, for more than 27 years I have helped residents and visitors of Maui, Kauai, Oahu, Honolulu and other parts of Hawaii with their personal injury issues. Contact Us Now. While my primary case load is on Maui, I handle cases on the other islands. Whether you or a loved one has been hurt in a car accident; or due to negligently maintained property; in a motor vehicle, motorcycle, bicycle, or moped crash; while on vacation; or suffered a critical or debilitating injury due to some other party’s actions or failure to correct a problem; let a Maui injury attorney help you navigate the insurance issues; obtain medical and accident reports; and obtain fair compensation for the harm done to you and your family. Contact me to speak directly with your attorney about your case. A little bit about me, and more in my profile:
- Juris Doctorate 1993, SUNY Law School
- Ivy League educated, Cornell University B.S. 1988
- Former Insurance Defense Attorney
- HAWAII STATE BAR, admitted October 1993.
- Federal District Court of Hawaii, October 1993.
- Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, June 1994.
- United States Supreme Court, February 2004
- Hawaii Association of Justice, former Board Member
- American Association of Justice, current Hawaii State Delegate
- 1998 Niu Award for Pro Bono Neighbor Island Legal Services
- Maui County Grand Jury Counsel three terms: ’97-`98, 99-2000; and ’15-’16
- All 24 Years of my legal practice has been in Hawaii
I assist clients with the following personal injury issues:
- Wrongful death
- If someone has died and you have lost a loved one due to irresponsible, dangerous or careless behavior, your case is about more than money: It is about setting things right, holding wrongdoers responsible and understanding what happened to prevent it from ever happening again. The death of a spouse, a parent, a child or a sibling has long-ranging ramifications and involves a multitude of issues. My office has significant experience to help you through these matters, and I suggest that you see my Maui injury attorney page on representative wrongful death cases that I have handled.
- Serious Injuries
- An injury may vastly change the injured parties life, ability to work, and be involved with the activities they once did. Such an injury can render the person disabled and in chronic pain. My office can help injured parties navigate the claim, liability and insurance issues. We also investigate to determine the best course of action.
- Car accidents
- If you have been injured in a collision involving a motor vehicle of any type to include a car, truck, or motorcycle, I can help you with the crash related injury and insurance issues. As a former insurance defense attorney, as a Maui injury attorney I am knowledgeable of Hawaii insurance law and the claim procedures used by insurance companies. I can also help claimant injured “by” car collisions, when those people injured were riding a bicycle, operating a motorcycle, or as a pedestrian, or even a operating a golf cart, and are struck by the automobile. I can help you address the insurance and medical claim issues and seek compensation for your recovery.
- Bicycle, Moped, or Motorcycle
- The operators of two wheeled vehicles and their passengers are at great risk of injury when a motorist fails to be careful. My office has handled many cases involving Bicycles, Mopeds and motorcycles and I am familiar with the insurance and claim issues to successfully handle your case.
- Slip, Trip, and Fall injuries
- A slip and fall injury can come out of nowhere: You may be completely unaware of the conditions that caused you to hurt yourself. Debilitating, devastating and/or life changing injuries may arise from a dangerous, but not visibly apparent condition. I can help you hold the accountable party responsible for the fault in causing you harm and injury from their negligence.
- Vacation accidents
- Suffering an injury while on vacation can turn a long planned family or personal vacation into a stressful ordeal. Attorney Matthew S. Kohm can help you address the claims process, collecting information, and addressing insurance issues and will keep you fully informed as he helps you work toward a fair compensation.
- Insurance Disputes
- Many claims involve insurance issues and as a former insurance defense attorney, my office understands these issues. Additionally, I handle insurance coverage dispute cases to help people with claims due to an insurance company denying coverage or improperly handling a claim.
As a Maui injury attorney, legal practitioner of our community, I will handle every aspect of your case, from your first phone call all the way to the final settlement or verdict. At my firm, I have the resources to see your case through to completion. I regularly turn to a network of health care and forensic experts to make sure that my clients’ cases can be successfully tried if litigation becomes necessary. As your lawyer, I strive to be complete, comprehensive, and caring. I will leave no stone unturned and pursue every available course of action when preparing your case. As a former Insurance Defense attorney, I understand the claims procedure, tactics used by insurance companies, and Hawaii’s insurance coverage laws, having litigated them on both sides.
No matter how serious your injury, I can help you work toward the best possible resolution for your case. Contact Us Now. me today for a free consultation about your personal injury issue.